Friday, October 07, 2005

I'm it

I've been tagged. So, without any further ado:

1. If money were no object, what would you be doing with your life?

Likely practicing law on a part-time, pro bono basis, as well as putting some time into songwriting, political organization, and taking philosophy or political science classes on the side.

2. Money is just that - an object, so why aren't you doing it?

For now I'm in my first few months as a practicing lawyer and have too much to learn to distract myself in too many other ways (this blog notwithstanding). I fully plan to add some more of the above possibilities once I've had a chance to learn the ropes through full immersion.

3. What's better: horses or cows?

Cows; I'm not a huge fan of either on a personal level, and cows have a lot more uses.

4. What do you think the secret to happiness is?

The most important step is to decide personally to appreciate the good around you - it's a lot easier to be happy when you keep an eye out for that.

5. When was the last time you had a dream that you either remember well or did not want to awake from? Can you share a bit?

A couple of nights ago I dreamed I was waiting to walk into an undergraduate exam, and deciding whether I should use my limited time to grab lunch or coffee first.

6. When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A city planner; I believe a couple of the sample maps I drew up at age 5 are still kicking around.

7. Complete this statement: Love is...

The feeling that you're able to be more fully yourself based on the presence of another person.

8. Can you tell a good story? (write one!)

Yes. Once upon a time, I cut short a story since I had to get back to work. I'll fill this one in later.

9. Can you remember your last daydream? What was it about?

Wandering into the Committee for a Citizen Friendly Regina meeting and being asked to run for a Council position. Not that I plan to run anytime soon (if ever), since it would take a bunch of time away from everything listed in #1 and 2.

10. If you were to thank someone today, who would you thank?

First and foremost my wonderful fiancée, who never ceases to amaze me in a myriad of ways. Of course I can't leave out my always kind and supportive family, or any of my other great friends.

Let's tag J.C.Q. and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment