Thursday, September 27, 2012

New column day

Here, on how Mitt Romney's attacks on 47% of American voters is an all-too-natural consequence of rhetoric about taking citizens "off the tax rolls".

For further reading...
- Chuck Marr and Chye-Ching Huang discuss the real tax rate faced by people who bring in less than the income-tax threshold here.
- For examples of exactly that principle being used in Canada, see here, here, here and here (PDF, at p. 8).
- But while it was far too willing to buy into the message in government, the Saskatchewan NDP isn't far off the mark in responding while in opposition.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:40 a.m.

    Heya superb blog! Does running a blog similar to this require a massive amount work?
    I've virtually no knowledge of computer programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, if you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I simply wanted to ask. Thanks!

    Here is my web-site - data

    ReplyDelete