Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Coalition-breakers

Shorter Jason Cherniak:
I'd rather see a Harper majority than a Dipper in cabinet.

(More about Andrew Coyne's coalition suggestion later.)

Update: I've discussed before the difference between a partisan (which I'd consider myself), and a hyperpartisan - see the comments to this post for one distinction between the two. But I'd might as well point out a prime example based on Cherniak's view that he doesn't want to see a coalition government lest the NDP's credibility improve as a result of its members successfully holding federal cabinet positions:

A partisan wants to keep power out of his/her opponents' hands to avoid the risk that they'll use it badly; a hyperpartisan wants to keep power out of his/her opponents' hands to avoid the risk that they'll use it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment