- Meanwhile, the Cons are proudly taking a stand against stable government. Which is the kind of bizarre message that may well result in the Cons' anti-coalition spin collapsing even with the Libs largely playing into Harper's hands.
- Two more items for the Con wrongness file: their offshore drilling review boards are grossly slanted toward the oil industry, and their fear-mongering on air travel doesn't reflect any real public concern.
- And finally, the Leader-Post's editorial on the harm to patient care and staff effectiveness when nurses work excessive hours is particularly on point in noting the Wall government's failed promises:
- Why hasn't the hiring of 600 additional nurses in recent years eased staffing shortages, as the Saskatchewan Party government said it would?
- Is the 35-per-cent pay hike given the Saskatchewan Union of Nurses (SUN) two years ago -- in a contract that guarantees double pay for overtime -- now proving too rich for the province to afford?
Whatever the answers to those questions, the current situation is unhealthy and unacceptable.