Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Beyond the limits

I doubt that most readers would accuse me of being overly generous toward Brad Wall's Sask Party government. But I'll have to admit to just that, as it seems that I've underestimated its ability to make a mess of the provincial books.

Surely, I thought, the laws of mathematics would at least prevent the Sask Party from turning a revenue stream into a negative number. But apparently even that isn't beyond Rod Gantefoer's anti-Midas touch.

So congratulations to Gantefoer for proving that there are truly no limits to his government's incompetence - and I won't be caught again thinking that things can't get worse. But for those of us whose idea of dreaming big for Saskatchewan doesn't involve regular feats of unprecedented and seemingly impossible flows of red ink, there's even more reason to work to put a more responsible party back in charge.

Edit: fixed typo.

No comments:

Post a Comment